My cheeks hurt from smiling and my tummy from laughing after hearing my mum telling me about my dad 'courting' her. HAHA.
It was an arranged marriage but my dad was like, a sneaky stalker and admitted to my mum that he watched from afar at work and snooped around for a bit before 'approving' of her. What a turd. Haha.
Then my mums hands shaking when serving coffee to my aunt when they came a-calling to ask for her hand. And how she, being thoroughly 'modern' insisted on meeting him at least once to which he initially refused claiming he was all for 'tradition' (when secretly, he watched her!) TSK.
Then how they fought over which month to get married, and how my grandad was adorable about everything, and how he approved of the match cause my dad's dad was a good man. To which my mum sharply replied that she was gna marry the son not the father. Hahaha.
Then the actual wedding itself and on the way there they were stopped by the traffic police (an Indian dude who let them off though) for speeding cause they were almost late to their own bloody wedding.
Ahlalalaa. So cute.. Omg.
Come to think of it, nearly all the arranged marriages that I know of have lasted to this day, with quite a few kids thrown in the mix. But the 'true love' ones end in divorce. Something to think about huh?
Then we reminisced about my late aunt. She was a cool woman. Wish I had more time with her, wish I had more time with my grandad and that I might have even been able to meet all my other grandparents. But I'll make sure that I won't ever be wishing this when it comes to my parents. That my friends, is a promise I intend to keep. However hard it may be.
Eww, this has taken on a slighty depressing tone, but then again, it's Sunday night. (although it doesn't feel like there's school tmr D: )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
haha so cute.
i dont think i wanna know about my rents' courtship days though
Post a Comment