Monday, December 28, 2009

skeptics and true believers

I'll just smile my secret smile and leave you wondering why.

It's been a long year, but now that it's coming to a close, it feels like it's gone by too fast. It's a year that I would paint blue if so I could. Separation, minor spats, adjustments, tears. It all added up. Even now, towards the end, we've lost yet another chance? But despite all this melancholy thoughts swirling in my mind right about now, let's think about how it helped shaped us in some ways? Forcing us out of the familiar warmth we've safely cocooned ourselves in. Testing and stretching our friendship and familial ties, letting it reach the point that it is now. I would definitely not want to do it again but truth be told, 2009 has left a mark on most of us. A mark that won't soon be forgotten. Most of us will come out stronger, some perhaps with a lot less bang than they did late '08.

It was a rough start but at the end of the day there's many things to which I'm thankful for. Growing closer to family. Finding new friends. Holler atchu Ames! Juls, Nic, Sian Pei, Wengs, 09A07! Hahaha.

2009; I thought I lost my sense of self. But then I realized I never really had one from the start. Sure we had all the superficial labellings, but the heart of the matter is that there was none. Hey ho if that makes sense to you. So for myself and to everyone out there, I hope the paths we take, be it on the magic carpet or that little cardboard box in the living room, will lead us that one step closer to finding ourselves and perhaps pick up more people to go along for the ride.

For my darling hoe-bags, let the invisible sparkly glue that holds us together never fade in its stickiness. Hehe. I could go on and on about this invisible sparkly glue thing. But I shan't. May Vada find her *** (you know I love you hon!) Ili find happiness always and Faith to find the one perhaps. Hahaha hehehe hohoho. This shit never gets old.

All I can hope for is a better year in 2010. Yes, it's no doubt going to be really hard but we'll pull through! And after that eight months of bliss mofos. Kiss that.

6 comments:

Vada said...

aww <3
i love you bb. haha.
and thanks for going all incognito with the *** :P

i told shal about your last post before i forced you to change it and she laughed.

sianpeiiiiiiiii<: said...

(: I'm nice right hahaha <3 you fatimah you've been an awesome friend(+pw mate) hehhh .

ili said...

Thanks fatz!! <3 its a really sweet post and I hope you'll find happiness and maybe even THE ONE.
And lol at va and her korean boy toy >:)

ame said...

this post makes me feel like hugging you extra!! haha love you fat, no doubt 2010 will be bumpy (no point denying it!!) but we'll have each otherrr :) see you v soon shawn is leaving on saturday... :'(

Anonymous said...

i sure hope you find the one too fatzies :) and let him not be *****n. hah! kiddingggg.

fatimah b said...

HAHAHAHA. HELLO EVERYBODY. THANKS ALL. Can't wait to see ya'll soooooon!!!!! >:}