Idky I bothered locking this ol' thing when I've yet to type one new post since the lockdown.
Thunder's rumbling, clouds are grey, the rain is lashing against my windowpane. It's quite lovely considering the shitty weather we've been experiencing the past week. Skipped school today, doctor says I have the flu. I feel kinda okay though even though he insists on antibiotics. "It's important that you really recover! Your exams are in a few months!!!" It's scary how my GP seems more concerned and, for the lack of a better word, aware that the A's are fast approaching. WAKE UP BRAIN! K, fat load of help that did. I think I have perfected the art of denial. Reminds me of the time Faith msgd me regarding Math results and some other stuff and I subconsciously refused to even acknowledge it in my reply.
The weeks have been passing by in a blur of long days melding into each other, so much so that I can barely recall what I did yesterday. The setting up of our "Wednesdays Weekly Dinner" tradition with three of my favourite people in the world is on track. Why did we not think of this sooner?!?! It always feels like a homecoming of sorts each time the four of us are reunited. I approve.
School's only saving grace has been my classmates, drama's only fun cause half of A7 is involved which is kinda hilarious. Definitely, sure-as-hell, not cause of the elephant and the faithful squirrel sidekick. GRRR. The camel toed elephant in particular pisses me off to no end. I would very much like to wrap her up in cling wrap till her pallid grey skin takes on a bluish tinge. And her eyes bulge, and the veins in her fat neck pops out as she trashes about in vain to escape. Hoho, where did THAT come from.... hehe^^
Sooo, staying home today has been utterly unproductive, ALMOST made me wish I went to school but I bet I'd have felt a million times worse than yesterday if I hadn't slept in today. Watched mumzies clean up her drawers and discovered a treasure trove of memories. The evil woman wanted to throw them away but I fought for their safekeeping! Discovered at least three passports in my dad's name. Found his old seaman report cards which listed his promotion from their discovery of him as a stowaway!! to steering the ship. And discovered he was a Swedish permanent resident. I've always kinda wished he'd open up more about his life back then. My only memory of him doing so is him bringing me and my sister for a walk at Changi Beach pointing out where our old family beach house used to be. I remember we were still quite young, and that it was very, very windy. Managed to nap, then headed to the doctors where I got.... wait for it... ONE WEK OFF PE. Woot woot. Not sure if it covers Thursday/Friday next week cause I think it's seven days including today :(. Oh well!
Just heard the song Juls kept talking about from her tumblr and I realized my sister showed me how Feist did the song for Sesame Street quite a while back!!! Crap, now it's kinda stuck. Time for dindinz now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment